Mice Affairs Media Group, News Bureau, 06 April 2021
The International Association of Exhibitions and Events® (IAEE) has updated its white paper, Essential Considerations for Safely Reopening Exhibitions and Events, which was originally released last June to provide general information for consideration by exhibition organizers when planning for and producing an exhibition during a pandemic.
“In returning to face-to-face exhibitions and events, we want to make sure we are providing as much current information as possible to aid show organizers in every aspect of the show management process,” said IAEE President & CEO David DuBois, CMP, CAE, FASAE, CTA. “The collaboration between the industry partners in this white paper enables this, since each specialty has a voice and contributes subject matter to an effort that is in everyone’s best interest.”
Essential Considerations for Safely Reopening Exhibitions and Events, 3rd Edition includes enhancements in the following areas:
- Operational procedures from service contractors, including exhibitor on-site ordering, labor operational processes, post event/move-out and registration build;
- COVID-19 testing options and operational considerations;
- Legal considerations for attendee and employee vaccines and testing mandates;
- Risk assessment tools in determining risk level and mitigation measures; and
- Additional resources from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), and Exhibitor Services & Contractors Association (ESCA)
Supporting organizations to Essential Considerations for Safely Reopening Exhibitions and Events include Buttine Insurance, a division of Risk Strategies Company; Exhibitor Appointed Contractors Association (EACA); Experiential Designers and Producers Association (EDPA); Exhibition Services & Contractors Association (ESCA); Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC), a division of International Sanitary Supply Association (ISSA); International Association of Venue Managers (IAVM); International Union of Painters and Allied Trades (IUPAT); Society of Independent Show Organizers (SISO); and United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America.
Click here to download Essential Considerations for Safely Reopening Exhibitions and Events, 3rd Edition. IAEE members may download the white paper at no charge and the cost for non-members is $49.