Mice Affairs Media, News Bureau, 20 Jan, India
Next in series of having a first-hand report on Mice Readiness of Hotels in India, here we present an exclusive conversation with Crowne Plaza - New Delhi Mayur Vihar-Noida. Enjoying the strategic location on the Delhi Noida border, Crowne Plaza is the perfect choice for corporate officials for business bound stay and event needs.
Mice Affairs Media Group spoke to Ms. Nivedita Avasthi, General Manager, Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida. Ms. Avasthi shared key details of the property stating "Meeting facilities at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida are designed specifically to cater to the growing demands for modern meeting spaces in Delhi NCR. Spread across 10,000 sq. ft. with a ceiling height of 14 ft. our banquet venues, with a capacity to accommodate up to 700 guests, offer state-of-the-art technology, high-speed wireless access, and well-appointed break-out rooms. We present flexible meeting options, customized themed menus and a guaranteed two-hour response time by Crowne Meeting Experts catering to every business need"
When asked about 2020 and the road ahead, Nivedita shared quite realistic business updates & projections:
"The year 2020 has been a roller coaster for the hospitality and tourism industry, where the sector observed massive changes and has survived the pandemic outburst. We are expecting that as restrictions ease, we will see demand resurface for face-to-face meetings. These will start on a small scale and then increase to larger meetings as we get to Q3/Q4 of 2021. However, we don’t see much corporate guest traction or MICE and Groups coming back in Q1 2021. But, we as a five-star hotel have more credibility from the customer’s perspective in terms of hygiene and sanitation upkeep when it comes to wedding venue choices and staycations. While our luxurious customized five-star services to one's requirements are helping us in sealing the deal"
Coming on to IHG Clean Promise, GM shared :
Guests have appreciated IHG Clean Promise hygiene standards which are being strictly adhered to all through the hotel, in every realm of operation. Furthermore, as the world adapts to new expectations and plans for responsible gatherings, IHG has enhanced its Meet with Confidence program to provide appropriate and creative meeting and event solutions, without compromising on the experience or the flexibility that meeting planners require. We want to provide our customers with the necessary confidence to place their future groups and meetings business in our hotels.
- Meet with confidence checklist and pre-event inspection with the meeting planner or onsite contact
- Social distancing space layouts and floor plans customized to your needs.
- Leveraging outdoor spaces to enhance and expand the experience
- Tables and Chairs disinfected before every meeting or event during breaks
- Enhanced food handling and service guidelines
- Guidance on the use of protective equipment as necessary by hotel colleagues
- Updated colleague training and certification
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes available in guest rooms and at high-touch points throughout the hotels.
- Clutter-free event spaces configured to allow for social distancing, leveraging outdoor spaces where possible
- Technology solutions to support virtual and hybrid meetings
- IHG Way of Clean - strengthened procedures throughout the hotel to redefine cleanliness and support guests' wellbeing, from enhanced cleaning of high-touch areas to social distancing measures.